An important update for members and visitors. (Updated 04/07/2020)
As a community-based organisation, we are taking advice on COVID–19 (Coronavirus) seriously, and as a result have implemented the following measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, members and visitors. Our primary concern will be to protect people, ensure our obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW) and maintain our duty of care to our staff, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
All persons who have returned from overseas from midnight Monday 16 March 2020, or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel are required by law to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and as a result will not be permitted to enter the Club premises.
All persons whose place of employment, education or socialisation that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter the Club.
All persons who experience or show signs of flu like symptoms are not to enter the Club. These symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises. We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of NSW Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus.
We encourage all staff, members and visitors to practise good hygiene at all times.
The Club has increased signage within the venue to inform staff, members and visitors of good hygiene practices.
The Club’s staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow staff, members and visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
The Club is also instituting frequent sanitisation of “high touch areas” including bathrooms, door handles and buttons.
The Club will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and implement advice accordingly.
Events, Entertainment and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 13 March 2020 it is recommended that non-essential, organised gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people. This includes events such as concerts, sporting fixtures with large crowds, exhibitions and religious celebrations.
While all Australians are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing, there are no current restrictions recommended on attending other settings, such as shopping centres, or using public transport.
For non-essential organised gatherings with fewer than 100 attendees, NSW Health recommends that organisers:
- remind attendees and staff not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- remind attendees and staff not to attend if they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- ensure emergency management practices are up to date
- brief staff on how to practise good hygiene and make it easy for staff and attendees to practise good hygiene
- have adequate hand washing facilities available
NSW Health also offers the following advice for attendees:
- stay home and do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- stay home and do not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days.
Should the advice from AHPPC change, the Club will update its policy accordingly.
While onsite at the Club, staff, members and visitors are encouraged to practise good personal hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
We encourage attendees of organised functions and events at the Club to liaise directly with those organisers, rather than the Club.
CARDIFF RSL CLUB
Cardiff RSL is taking our responsibility seriously and we have implemented a number of temporary measures which include:
- Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
- Made hand sanitiser available for Members around the club.
- Additional staff awareness and procedures including the additional use of gloves.
- Added extra visitors sign in area to relieve congestion at the front door
- Bingo PET’s individually cleaned after each use
We ask for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality based community hub for all people of our community to enjoy.
Cardiff RSL Events & Entertainment that have been discontinued until further notice:
- Weekly Raffles
- Weekly Euchre Tournaments (Postponed until further notice)
- All Friday & Saturday Night Entertainment.
- Heart & Soul Markets
- Sunday Buffet Breakfast to discontinue
- CardiKids Playground Closed
- Members Draws Susspended
- Members Swipe Draw
- Morning Melodies
- APL Poker
- All other club promotions
- Courtesy Bus
All other activities will continue including:
- Online Raffle
If you have any questions, please seek to liaise with our Club’s management.
Further updates may apply.