COVID UPDATE: 10 August 2020
At Cardiff RSL our focus has always been, and will continues to be, the health, safety and well-being of our staff, patrons to ensure we as a community face the COVID-19 pandemic together.
Due to recommendations from NSW Health and a growing number of COVID hotspots developing within NSW we have had to reconsider the entry requirements to Cardiff RSL. Effective from Tuesday 04 August entry to the Club will be restricted to Members Only or Members Guests (Minimum one member per group) unfortunately those members or guests who reside either within the Sydney Metropolitan Area or Victoria will not be permitted to enter the Club. We understand this may cause a problem for a small number of people who want to visit our Club who have come from these areas. To these people we sincerely apologise, this is not meant to personally offend you, these actions are taken in the best interests of our members, greater community, Staff and the well-being of our Club. These excluded areas are highlighted blue in the map below.
To ensure the safety of our members, guests and staff we have adopted the following measures:
- Limited venue capacity
- New social distancing practices
- Increased hand sanitising stations throughout the venue
- New sign-in procedures for members and visitors
- Encourage the use of contactless payments
- Increased frequency of cleaning during and after opening hours
- CovidSAFE Marshall monitoring the Club and its patrons
- CovidSAFE plan registered with NSW health
- Discourage commingling and contact with others
- Preventing people from entering if they are displaying cold and flu symptoms.
The Club will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and implement advice accordingly.
We thank you all for your cooperation and understanding.
Cardiff RSL Club Management
Events, Entertainment and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 13 March 2020 it is recommended that non-essential, organised gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people. This includes events such as concerts, sporting fixtures with large crowds, exhibitions and religious celebrations.
While all Australians are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing, there are no current restrictions recommended on attending other settings, such as shopping centres, or using public transport.
For non-essential organised gatherings with fewer than 100 attendees, NSW Health recommends that organisers:
- remind attendees and staff not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- remind attendees and staff not to attend if they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- ensure emergency management practices are up to date
- brief staff on how to practise good hygiene and make it easy for staff and attendees to practise good hygiene
- have adequate hand washing facilities available
NSW Health also offers the following advice for attendees:
- stay home and do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- stay home and do not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days.
Should the advice from AHPPC change, the Club will update its policy accordingly.
While onsite at the Club, staff, members and visitors are encouraged to practise good personal hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
We encourage attendees of organised functions and events at the Club to liaise directly with those organisers, rather than the Club.
Cardiff RSL Operations
Cardiff RSL is taking our responsibility seriously and we have implemented a number of temporary measures which include:
- Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
- Made hand sanitiser available for Members around the club.
- Additional staff awareness and procedures including the additional use of gloves.
- Added extra visitors sign in area to relieve congestion at the front door
- Bingo PET’s individually cleaned after each use
We ask for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality based community hub for all people of our community to enjoy.
Cardiff RSL Events & Entertainment that have been discontinued until further notice:
- Weekly Raffles
- Weekly Euchre Tournaments (Postponed until further notice)
- Sunday Buffet Breakfast to discontinue
- Thursday Bingo
- CardiKids Playground Closed
- Members Draws Suspended
- Members Swipe Draw
- Morning Melodies
- APL Poker
- All other club promotions
- Courtesy Bus
All other activities will continue including:
- Online Raffle
- Tuesday & Friday Morning Bingo
- Saturday Raffle
- Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday
- Members Rewards
- Courtesy Bus Friday & Saturday
If you have any questions, please seek to liaise with our Club’s management.