Cardiff RSL Club Limited is registered under the Registered Clubs Act 1976. The Club is required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”) which regulated, among other things, the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosures of personal information. We take your privacy seriously.What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a person no matter how it is collected or recorded. The Club collects personal information from members including name, address, occupation, date of birth, proof of age, contact details and the extent of your use of, and purchase of goods and services offered by, or available at or from, the Club.The Club collects this information from you by various means including, without limitation, by you completing your membership applications or renewal from, completing entries into competitions and promotions.
Your personal information is held securely in our computer system and where your personal information has been provided in hard copy format this information is either destroyed, held securely on a Club site or held securely in off-site storage.
The Club collects this information in order to:
- Identify you and process your membership application.
- Meet statutory requirements under the Registered Clubs Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism laws and other relevant legislation.
- Contact members to advertise and market events, activities, opportunities or offers the goods and services provided by the Club (including direct mail, telephone, SMS and MMS) including, without limitation, with respect to food and beverage, promotions, entertainment, wagering, gaming machines, gaming, sporting events and venue hire.
- Analyse the usage of food and services offered by the Club.
- Provide you with goods or services you are receiving or utilising as offered by the Club and to offer and administer any benefits you subsequently become entitled to in relation to that product or service.
Visitors and Guests
Under the Registered Clubs Act, patrons visiting our registered club are required to produce suitable identification to gain entry to the premises. Suitable identification is primarily deemed by law as: Driver’s Licence, Passport and Proof of Age Card. We record your details when signing in. Cardiff RSL Club uses an electronic sign in system and in most cases will scan your identification for faster and safer processing. If you do not wish to have your identification scanned you can notify us prior to signing in.
Use of the information you provide
Cardiff RSL will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the primary purpose for which it is collected. This includes:
- To deliver the products and services that you requested.
- To provide you with further information about the products and services you requested.
- To personalise and customise your experience with Cardiff RSL.
- To help Cardiff RSL review, manage and enhance its services.
- To develop reports for monthly Board Meetings and Annual General Meeting.
- To communicate with you.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use your personal information.
In addition to the primary purposes outlined above, Cardiff RSL may use the personal information we collect which at the time of joining our club you consent to us using for:
- Provide you with news about any products or services.
- Send you marketing and promotional material pertaining to the club.
- Communicate with you, including by email, telephone and mail.
- Investigate any complaints about you or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect you may have breached any relevant terms and conditions of the club.
- As required or permitted by any law enforcement third-parties.
The club may disclose your information to third parties that provide services under contract to the Club. These contracts require the third party to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
You have the right to request access to what personal information we hold for you. You will need to contact the club to request this information.
Personal information on our members and guests is stored and archived in controlled environments for a period of seven (7) years. Employees of Cardiff RSL are bound by confidentiality agreements to protect your privacy.
Surveillance inside our venue
Cardiff RSL has and uses surveillance systems. It is important to note that when visiting the Club you will be recorded on our surveillance system. We may use these recordings to view or assist if an incident occurs on our premises. We do not disclose our surveillance records unless we are required by law or to investigate illegal or undesirable activities within our Club.
Quality and accuracy
The Club relies on the information provided by members to be accurate and current. The Club will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you believe the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, please advise us in writing, sending your letter or email to the Privacy Officer, Cardiff RSL Club, 45 Macquarie Road, Cardiff NSW 2285. We will take reasonable steps to correct Club records appropriately and within a reasonable time frame except where the Privacy Act prohibits it or does not require it.
If you wish to make a complaint about the Club’s use of your personal information, please put your complaint in writing, providing as much detail as possible, and forward it by letter or email to the Privacy Officer using the details provided above. The Privacy Officer, or another representative of the Club, will investigate the complaint and will provide you with a written response following the completion of the investigation.
THE RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL
Responsible serving of alcohol is vital for legal, health and community reasons. Our society is not tolerant of the irresponsible use of alcohol that leads to drunkenness, drink driving and under age drinking. We are now far more aware of the serious problems that are associated with such behavior.
Cardiff RSL Club has adopted the following strategies for the Responsible Service of Alcohol:
- HOUSE POLICY providing the framework for the responsible serving of alcohol.
- TRAINING OF STAFF so that they can implement and promote the house policy.
- EDUCATION OF PATRONS so that they understand the implications of and abide by the responsible service of alcohol policy.
- PREVENTION OF UNDER AGE DRINKING.
- PROMOTING SAFE TRANSPORT OPTIONS Cardiff RSL Club will effect these strategies by:
- Implementation, monitoring, and modification on an ongoing basis of the Club’s house policy.
- Preventing under age drinking by insisting on “proof of age” by requesting a driver’s licence, passport or “proof of age card” issued by the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority.
- Preventing intoxication by recognising the signs of intoxication and avoiding serving anyone to the point of intoxication. We will deny entry or service to anyone who is already intoxicated.
- Managing intoxication, anti-social or disruptive patrons by attempting to discourage them from becoming involved in activities which can harm themselves or others.
- We will promote the service of non-alcoholic beverages and food.
OUR RESPONSIBLE SERVING PRACTISES AIM TO:
- Prevent under age drinking.
- Prevent or manage intoxication and intoxicated behaviour.
- Prevent or manage violent or disruptive behaviour.
- Prevent drinking and driving.
INTOXICATED, VIOLENT OR QUARRELSOME BEHAVIOUR
It is the policy of this Club to not allow intoxicated, violent or quarrelsome behavior in or around our Club at any time.
We want all patrons to enjoy themselves. For many people alcohol is a pleasurable part of their daily life and we respect that. We are here to serve people with alcoholic beverages, professionally, courteously and responsibly. We will not allow people to drink to excess and place themselves, other patrons and the community at risk.
CHILDREN IN THE CLUB
Here at Cardiff RSL we see ourselves as a family Club. In order to maintain this atmosphere, parents are requested to supervise their children at all times.
Children are to remain in the immediate company of the accompanying parent/adult at all times.
Registered Club Acts Notice